Are Your Gutters in Good Condition
Here’s Why It Matters
Gutters may seem simple, but they have a big job to do. They take all of the rain and snow melt that rolls off the roof and sends it on its way, where it cannot cause problems. However, being constantly exposed to the weather means that gutters take a beating. They may be dented by hail and detached from the side of a building by strong winds. Moisture can cause corrosion, rust and holes. When gutters are in poor condition and they are unable to manage water properly, it can:
- Damage foundations and flood basements
- Seep beneath siding and into fascia boards, causing rot
- Saturate landscaping and kill those beautiful flower beds you planted
BC Exteriors LLC does expert gutter installations on roofs of all sizes. We will consult with you and explain the pros, cons and price points of the various materials. If you are having us do a roof replacement for you, that is an excellent time to do a gutter replacement as well. In addition to improved water management, replacing drab, discolored gutters will boost the appearance of your home or commercial building.
- Aluminum is the most popular material for gutters, because it doesn’t rust, can last for up to 25 years and comes in many colors.
- Vinyl is budget-friendly, won’t corrode or rust and will last around 20 years. The color may fade over time due to exposure to sunlight and hard freezes can cause cracks.
- Zinc is pricey, but zinc gutters will resist corrosion, rust, warping and all kinds of weather. It has an average lifespan of 50 years.
- Steel gutters are very strong and weather-resistant, but prone to rust.
- Copper is expensive, but a smart investment if you want long-lasting weather-resistance – up to 100 years.
Contact Us for Great Gutters
Call BC Exteriors LLC at (248) 688-0211 to request a FREE quote.